"OPEN security policies on your is a common problem that many security practitioners can relate to. Whether it is deploying new cluster of in your data center that never existed or you are inheriting a legacy firewall with that has been the cause of audit failures."
- Assists in locking down OPEN firewall security policies
- Reduces exposure from high-risk OPEN security policies
- Helps meet compliance requirement of granular security policies on need to know basis
- Assists in new NGFW firewall deployments in your data center where firewalls never existed
- Provides assistance and optimization when migrating from one firewall vendor to another
The appliance is installed at the organization’s management network.
The newly deployed next-generation firewall sends traffic logs in the form of SYSLOG to the firewall policy builder tool which performs real-time analysis and storing the communication flow matrix in a series of complex databases.
With custom developed advanced algorithms, the tool populates the database with the communication flow as the firewall continues to send traffic SYSLOG to the tool.
After sufficient time-span of a few weeks to capture sufficient traffic flow, that tool can then be instructed to the group, coalesce and combine traffic flow of similar characteristics. For example, ten source IP addresses communicating to the same destination IP address with five TCP and UDP ports are grouped into a single policy and single communication flow matrix.
Once grouped the firewall policy builder can then generate the CLI configuration commands of the grouped security policies in different formats.
Firewall policy builder supports various next-generation firewall technology vendors. Once the configuration commands are generated the IT department can simply copy and paste the configuration to the firewalls and apply the changes resulting in open security policies on firewalls being locked down in a short period of time.
- Works with major NGFW vendors - Juniper Networks SRX and Fortinet FortiGate platforms
- REAL-TIME SYSLOG Engine parsing traffic logs for OPEN security policies
- Pre-Hardened Secure Database for SYSLOG data retention and normalization
- Advanced Grouping Algorithm of traffic flow SYSLOG data that are of similar characteristics
- Granular filtering of SYSLOG data to analyze interesting security policy IDs, security zones, ingress interface etc
- Automated one-click generation of consolidated security firewall policies configuration commands
- Automated configuration commands can be executed directly into the supported firewalls
- Integration with SIEM solution as a secondary SYSLOG forwarding destination
Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network – today and into the future.
Juniper Networks provides high-performance networking & cybersecurity solutions to service providers, enterprise companies & public sector organizations.
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company maintaining trust in the digital age by helping tens of thousands of organizations worldwide prevent cyber breaches.
Cisco offers a wide array of advisory, implementation, managed, technical, and optimization services to help you protect your business.
SHAH H. SHEIKH
Shah H Sheikh is the founder of Firewall Policy Builder, having also co-founded DTS Solution (www.dts-solution.com) a highly specialized information and network security consulting firm based in Dubai, UAE. He has the strategic vision, expertise, and experience to lead Firewall Policy Builder in the right direction.
Shah Sheikh has ample experience when it comes to firewall life-cycle management having worked for Juniper Networks and Fortinet prior to founding DTS Solution. Previously he was also responsible to lead a team of consultants and engineers for a system integrator providing managed security services that involved managing a vast number of firewalls – he also has held roles as a technical lead for the largest mobile operator in the UK to manage, operate and maintain their entire firewall estate.